Information and Education
Fonds Gesundes Österreich offers a variety of information on healthful and risky behaviors and structures and on factors of disease prevention. Sharing this knowledge and educating the public on these matters are important tools for improving health. That is why our public relations work is tailored to the various target groups.
Here is an overview of the most important instruments:
- Campaigns: We have conducted broad-based campaigns since 1999 aimed mainly at raising consciousness about lifestyle issues. The principle subjects are exercise, nutrition, mental health and not smoking.
- Magazine: Our quarterly magazine for health promotion and prevention Gesundes Österreich reports on current debates in health promotion, campaigns, events, publications, interesting research results and funded projects. With a current circulation of 25,000, the magazine targets health professionals and others active in the field of health promotion as well as readers with a general interest in the field.
- Internet portal: We operate a comprehensive health server at our Internet address www.gesundesleben.at which provides solid and reliable information, tips and service on matters of health, prevention and lifestyle.
- Brochures: We have thus far released four practical and informative brochures in our “Bewusst lebt besser” series (“Being aware of how you live will makes your life better”): The four cover the subjects of exercise, nutrition, mental health and the healthy effects of plants. We have also issued self-help publications and seminar programs for the health promotion educational network.
- Media work: Through press conferences, press releases and close cooperation with a number of journalists on an ongoing basis, we do our part to disseminate the central messages on prevention and health promotion and to publicize the projects we fund. These efforts render our principles and practices visible to the public.